Within our client’s R&D structure, Analytical Services plays a key role in analytical chemical support to all functions including Quality Control, Creative & Application, Regulatory affairs and R&D.
For this successful team, we are looking for a Senior Research Investigator who can take the lead and be the promoter in the development and use of new analytical technologies that provides our client with new opportunities for profitable growth. In this senior high tech position, your input will have impact on a global level. Technical creativity and the ability to coordinate assigned project activities are expected. You will be able to contribute to the deployment of developed technology and oversee operational quality aspects.
The primary activities include the planning and execution of complex technical work under general direction of senior technical staff as well as initiation of new analytical approaches; this will include development of new technical approaches, creation of methods and processes to support sample/prototype preparation for analysis, data interpretation, and development of next steps.
The main tasks are:
· Developing technical approaches and project plans.
· Execute plans, including performing bench-level experiments.
· Analyze data, accurately document experiments and propose next steps.
· Act as a functional representative on project team and manage project areas.
You will be working in an exciting and growing international environment, located at our plant.
In your role, you will initiate and explore new technical options and processes for the projects you are responsible for.
· BS degree with 8-10 years, MS degree with 3-5 years or PhD with 2-5 years of appropriate experience or equivalent level through experience in analytical chemistry
· Experience in developing methods for GC-MS and LC-MS
· Ability to function independently within a broadly defined technical area.
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate small projects both within and outside of R&D and across regions and to lead cross-functional projects of moderate size and scope.
· This position will require development of an in-depth understanding of chromatography and mass spectrometry.
· Technical creativity and the ability to coordinate assigned project activities are expected.
· Demonstrated ability to supervise technical professionals.
This position is for an experienced scientist with developing technical knowledge, creative capacity, and project management skills. The individual will be part of a successful team focused on delivering innovation.